Public Relations Manager
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Laureate Education Inc.
Job Description:The Public Relations Manager for Walden University will leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within higher education, business and program-niche media and create and edit storytelling content for PR, marketing and social media initiatives. In addition, the candidate will support the team with proactive thought leadership opportunities such as blogging, identifying speaking engagement/award opportunities, opportunities to engage with influencers, events, leverage research, etc.
The Public Relations Manager will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant PR agency and/or in-house corporate or higher education experience. Candidate must have strong writing capabilities, excellent verbal communication skills and project management experience. Candidates must demonstrate successful media relations, content marketing and corporate social media capabilities. Experience with media databases and PR wire services preferred. Candidates will hold at least a bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related relevant degree.
The P ublic Relations Manager will support the Director of External Affairs with proactive and reactive public relations and communications efforts. The External Relations Manager will:
- Assist with day-to-day management of PR, communications and content marketing strategies
- Work collaboratively with PR consultants to ensure activities are aligned with strategic focus
- Draft blog posts and press materials, including press releases/advisories, media relations pitches, media backgrounders and contributed articles
- Support social media efforts, including drafting posts and creating proactive opportunities
- Compile and update editorial calendars and targeted media lists
- Support proactive media outreach efforts to top-tier and niche media and influential bloggers
- Respond to media inquiries and general inquiries from the public as necessary
- Monitor daily news utilizing media monitoring services
- Manage ongoing reporting and analysis for media-related deliverables
- Maintain public relations efforts online (updating newsroom, media clips, etc.)
- Support public relations-led initiatives like webinars/podcasts, radio media tours, research and events to generate exposure of institutional leadership/messaging among general public
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve public relations and business objectives