Housekeeping Floor Manager Flamingo
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Hilton Grand Vacations (HGV)
- In the absence of the Executive Housekeeper and Assistant Executive Housekeeper, the manager acts as lead for the department and manages and coordinates all departmental team members in the various work assignments to ensure a department that is run efficiently and productively in providing excellence in cleaning services to the guests and owners. Routinely inspect units and common areas to ensure they are in compliance with departmental standards. Monitors guests requests and complaints, resolving issues and coordinating efforts with other departments as necessary to provide excellent service.
- Assists in ensuring that an accurate inventory of linens and supplies are maintained. Helps oversee the Lost & Found and uniform exchange and ensures proper procedures are followed. Monitors all laundry operations and assists with the carpet and floor maintenance program. Ensures all assets of the department, equipment, supplies and storage are properly locked and secured.
- Assists with hiring, supervising, disciplining and training of all staff under the direction of the Housekeeping Department and assists with administrative tasks associated with maintaining proper documentation such as payroll timekeeping records, staff schedules, vacation hours, etc. May investigate accidents and initiate accident reports recommending appropriate corrective action. Ensures all departmental staff is working safely and in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Adheres to all corporate required purchasing policies and controls to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules. May be required to conduct departmental meetings. May be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Assists on all guest activities as required by management. Carries out a reasonable request by management.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Housekeeping work experience.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Must be able to work any day of the week, any shift to include weekends and holidays.
- Computer experience required.
- 2 years of supervisory and/or management experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish language a plus.
- Computer experience using programs such as MS Word, Excel and Internet preferred.