RN Emergency Department Nurse Internship Program (EDNIP) - Various Loc
Posted on May 18, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth seeks to hire Experienced RNs who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealth's Emergency Department Nurse Internship Program (EDNIP) is for the Experienced RN who is transitioning to the Emergency Department from another specialty. This program offers a combination of didactic, online and precepted clinical-based training. It is typically 12-15 weeks long and is tailored to fit the needs of the student based on their level of experience.
- Upcoming Start Dates: August, September, October and November 2019
- Full-time paid internship and nursing position
- Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
- Day, Evening, and/or night shifts per unit needs: Shifts are not guaranteed
- Two year contract required
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is a registered professional nurse who is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care to all age groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) to achieve the goals of the nursing and emergency departments. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- 1 year RN experience (preferred)
- Computer skills (preferred)
- Bilingual (preferred)
- BSN or MSN (preferred)
- Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy, and Own It as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program
- Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy.
- Completes assessments and reassessments, including pain scale, response to medication / interventions. Assesses for and intervenes when abuse or neglect suspected.
- Performs treatments and administers medications. Anticipates needs and plan of care and responds appropriately. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Interprets and verifies physician's orders correctly. Assesses and interprets data relative to patient age (all age groups) and takes appropriate action. Investigates concerns or challenges and offers suggestions for improvement / correction. Identifies patient teaching needs and utilizes opportunities for teaching. Provides thorough and concise discharge instructions.
- Supports performance improvement initiatives and Clinical Best Practice / Core measures initiatives (ACS, CAP, Brain Attack, etc.)
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs handwashing according to policy and enforces infection prevention and safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by AIDET, keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, & concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined in AHCA rule 59A-7.034, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of AdventHealth non-waived Point of Care training.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the RN - Emergency Department Nurse Internship Program (EDNIP)opportunity with AdventHealth and apply online today.
Residency, Training, Internship, externship, ED, ER, Emergency