Pharmacy Operations, Manager - ACS - Pharmacy - Kissimmee
Posted on May 18, 2019 by AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Kissimmee seeks to hire Pharmacy Operations who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
AdventHealthKissimmee is a 163 bed community-focused hospital, conveniently located near Walt Disney World. The team here is dedicated to bringing mission-focused, faith-based care to residents and visitors of Osceola and Orange Counties. At the heart of our latest expansion is a new, three-story tower featuring 80 expansive, private patient rooms and a host of modern amenities and technologies. Because we believe family support is an essential part of health and healing, we've included large, beautifully decorated family waiting areas with the comforts of home. Plus, each patient room includes ample space for visiting loved ones to relax, work and sleep.
The Pharmacy Manager serves as the operator of the campus pharmacy department on a daily basis. Primary responsibility of position is the success of operational, financial and clinical functions of the campus pharmacy department. Responsible for direct oversight of pharmacy personnel, scheduling, medication dispensing programs, automation and inventory to ensure effective, timely provision of pharmacy services. Acts as the campus contact for daily resolution for campus leaders and physicians. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff
- Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD)
- Masters of Health Administration, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration, Business Administration, or other advanced degree in pharmacy or healthcare leadership (Preferred)
- PGY-1 pharmacy resident or equivalent experience
- One (1) years of pharmacy leadership experience
- Three (3) years of pharmaceutical experience
- PGY2 Specialty Residency or Fellowship or equivalent experience.(Preferred)
- Five (5) years of pharmacy practice experience in a large hospital (greater than 500 bed institution) and integrated healthcare system (three or more hospitals in system) (Preferred)
- State of Florida licensure of Pharmacist
- Florida Consultant Pharmacist license
- Board certification from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties (BCPS)( Preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth's Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization's Performance Excellence Program.
- Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Manages operations and programs of assigned pharmacy area including staffing, hiring/terminations, evaluations and coaching for pharmacy techs and pharmacists.
- Schedules pharmacy employees to meet productivity targets and department objectives.
- Acts as liaison to campus leadership to resolve medication related issues and execution of campus strategies.
- Effectively communicates with campus leaders and medical staff to promote cooperation and efficiency in providing patient's pharmacy care needs.
- Ensures department is compliant with all state, federal and other regulatory body requirement. Serve as Consultant of Record with Florida Board of Pharmacy as applicable.
- Manages the operations and programs of assigned pharmacy areas to ensure accurate and timely medication distribution, optimize medication utilization, minimize product waste, maximize inventory turns, optimize pharmacy supply use, and maximize staff productivity.
- Maintains practice environment consistent with contemporary hospital practices, patient-centered clinical services, traditional therapeutics, professional standards, and innovations in pharmacy.
- Ensures medication preparation and distribution systems are aligned with evidence-based best practices, are suitable to meet the patient care needs of assigned services and areas and are in compliance with all healthcare regulatory requirements and applicable state and federal laws.
- Assists Director of Pharmacy with preparation of an annual budget and manages assigned budgets and financial resources including stewardship, cost control, and restriction/surveillance programs.
- Works as an active member of central or satellite pharmacy team to collaborate with healthcare providers and decentralized pharmacy staff, places practice priority on the delivery of patient-centered care, and provides accurate, safe, timely, and appropriate medication therapy based on patient needs.
- Actively performs all pharmacist functions and maintains active proficiency by staffing in operational programs, participating in dispensing and compounding activities, utilizing hospital computer systems and medication ordering systems, following established standard work parameters, and maintaining standard work environments
- Monitors operational performance, patient care services, cost containment activities, and budgetary performance via objective parameters.
- Identifies, resolves, and reports short- and long-term obstacles to patient care and medication safety, regulatory compliance or stewardship of resources.
- Serves as a preceptor/educator for pharmacy residency and student experiential education programs, including maintaining proficiency in the four preceptor roles and active education/mentorship skills.
- Maintains a sustained record of contribution to the total body of knowledge in pharmacy practice through internal/external presentations, publications, formal review for a peer-reviewed medical or pharmacy journal, and/or professional organization service.
- Maintains a high professional profile and active membership in state and national pharmacy professional organizations (e.g. Florida Society of Health-System Pharmacists, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, etc.).
- Builds and maintains relationships across multiple disciplines to achieve common goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Pharmacy Operation opportunity with AdventHealth Kissimmee and apply online today.
Pharmacy Operations, Manager, ACS, Pharmacy, Kissimmee