Posted on May 18, 2019 by First American
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. First American Title's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans.We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit .
TitleVest is located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan and has a diverse and inclusive culture of success-oriented professionals delivering the highest level of service excellence to its customers. We are currently seeking an experience Title Officer.
- Manages the process for all transactions inclusive of clearance, closing and administrative tasks.
- Ability to work independently, referring only unusual and complex matters to supervisors or title support.
- Familiar with all aspects of title work, industry terminology and ability to multi-task.
- Properly price and underwrite endorsements along with policies using appropriate schedule of fees and charges.
- Utilizes technical bulletins in order to evaluate and resolve problems.
- Creating of Title Bills, with a pre-existing familiarity of NYS title and recording tax rates.
- Draft and finalize policies to be issued at closing along with pro formas upon request.
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong detail orientation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- While Bachelor's degree is preferred, equivalent experience may be substituted at manager discretion.
- 3-5 years title/ related real estate experience
- With at least 2 years as Title Officer
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.