Java Technical Lead - International Websites and Client Services
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Vanguard
Doing the right thing for investors means being able to respond to their changing needs, expertly and with relevant technology. To keep pace with dynamic markets, regulations and customer demands, IT systems need to evolve and adapt accordingly. Together we'll build a platform of APIs powered by micro services deployed in AWS and lean development. This will allow Vanguard to offer clients advice and perspectives across the globe in a more agile and responsive way. As a Technical Lead, you will be breaking new ground in creating best-in-class global products using Micro-services, Cloud Technology within a DevSecOps framework and enjoy working with an amazing team!
In this role, you will:
- Bring solutions to life by identifying challenges, resolving complex issues, reviewing technical implications, and leading what's delivered
- Create more responsive approaches to building software, including development, design, implementation and maintenance
- Ensure vital client services are maintained during system changes and upgrades
- Stay up to date on development methodology, architecture design and technical standards, and translate it into effective business and client solutions
Where integrity meets innovation
From true product ownership and continuous delivery to lean management and agile approaches, you'll pioneer new methods to IT delivery at Vanguard. We're trailblazers for the industry so, as one of our senior Technical Leads, you'll have an impact that reaches far beyond your own team. Technical know-how is essential, but you'll also need an infectious enthusiasm for new ways of working, strong analysis and problem-solving skills and a good grounding in the financial services industry. Get ready to make an impact, as you build your own profile and experience.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (or equivalent training and experience)
- Five years of experience in a technical specialty, including at least two years as a developer using Java REST services and some familiarity with the Spring framework
- Experience with test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines such as Bamboo, Jenkins or Maven
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
- Ideally, experience of API management platforms and cloud development and data stores
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.