Inventory Control Clerk
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Reinhart Foodservice
Position Summary: The Inventory Control Clerk is primarily responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of inventory while in our control. In addition, this role will oversee and maintain the most efficient slot engineering of the SKU's within the division. This is accomplished through delegation, leadership, collaboration, reporting and follow through.
Required Skills and Experience:
• High School degree or GED.
• 6 months minimum years of related experience.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suites.
• Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate with staff and business relations.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Foodservice/ Distribution experience
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Monitor high dollar and problematic items to a heightened cycle frequency.
• Maintain the most appropriate slotting based on cube, volume and density.
• Oversee daily operations effectively and efficiently to ensure excellent service to our customers.
• Conduct quarterly cycle counts to monitor inventory.
• Investigate Warehouse Outs and Short-on-Load.
• Review buy patterns with procurement.
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.