Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Coordinator/ Clinical Manager
Posted on May 18, 2019 by DaVita
In this vital Registered Nursing role, you will coordinate ESRD patient care and services (trend lab values, track metrics on vital signs, weight, outcome management, etc.). You will ensure you and your clinical team are delivering the highest level of care to our patients by ensuring their safety, comfort, and well-being.
- Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes in a chronic hemodialysis setting.
- Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
- Team - Your clinical team supports one another and creates a fun work environment, and you are there to lead the way.
- Clinical Leader - DaVita is the top performer with more 4 and 5 STAR dialysis centers according to CMS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides oversight of clinical teammates and day-to-day operations.
- Provides oversight for cost controls, teammate relations.
- Provides input on teammate relations, hiring, termination, professional development, and performance development at discretion of FA or clinical assessment of skills needed.
- Acts as FA in absence of FA for all state and/or federal survey requirements.
- Plan, organize, direct, and manage nursing care of patients in the unit; may participate in direct patient care. Assists FA in facility management as requested to ensure a safe and sanitary physical environment is maintained throughout the facility.
- Verifies implementation and compliance with DaVita Healthcare policies and procedures, and all safety regulatory requirements.
- Verifies that clinic is prepared at all times to handle emergency care of patients including proper training of teammates, equipment readiness, and procedures in place.
- Other duties as assigned. o A facility may be selected to participate in research study(ies) under the guidance of DaVita Clinical Research. Any clinical or administrative duty required by the study protocol, which is provided during the course of a patient's treatment, is considered an essential duty of the job
A Qualified Clinical Coordinator (RN) shining star should bring:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- At least 18 months of registered nursing experience
- At least 6 months of dialysis nursing experience required
- Dialysis Charge RN readiness approval by Clinical Nurse Manager or RN-licensed FA/GFA required
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience is preferred
- Associates • Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current CPR certification required
- Completed training approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS guidelines prior to operating the water treatment system
- Supervisory experience preferred; willingness, desire, and ability to supervise required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire required
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step atJoin us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."