Posted on May 18, 2019 by Edward Rose & Sons
Are you a responsible person who enjoys working outdoors? Are you a m otivated self-starter, who takes pride in the work you do? If you answered yes to both of these questions, then we have an excellent opportunity for you!
Southport Apartments is currently seeking a Groundskeeper who has a keen eye for detail, a proactive attitude, and takes pride in their accomplishments. The right candidate will be responsible for the general upkeep and cleanliness of a section of the apartment community, including parking lots, grounds surrounding the buildings, corridors, stairwells, laundry rooms, and mechanical rooms, if applicable.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Collecting and removing trash as needed.
- Weeding of beds using appropriate tools.
- Monitoring the irrigation system to ensure all grass areas are adequately watered.
- Repairing or replacing sprinkler heads and lines as required.
- Reporting any unhealthy lawn, tree, shrubs and plants to management.
- Edging around trees and landscape borders to maintain a neat appearance.
- Raking grounds and blowing or sweeping sidewalks, and parking lots, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate to residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds above shoulder height.
- Ability to push or pull up to 80 pounds variable distances.
- Ability to complete daily duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to access all areas necessary to perform job duties, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to shovel snow and/or clear ice from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas during snow season.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seeking a responsible individual who enjoys working outdoors.
- Experience in irrigation is a plus!
- Must adhere to company team apparel policies.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid driver's license.
Employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable transportation will be required as this position will entail the operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
$12 - $12 Annual