Posted on May 18, 2019 by Edward Rose & Sons
Edward Rose & Sons is a continuously growing property management company that builds, owns, and manages apartment communities along with senior living communities. We are currently looking for a full-time (with overtime and an occasional Saturday) Construction Laborer for one of our new construction job-sites in Bloomfield Hills, MI.
This position involves physical labor and the use of a variety of hand and power tools. The ideal candidate will possess basic construction skills, be capable of performing small jobs unassisted, be organized, and know how to effectively communicate with others while keeping a positive attitude. This job is designed to be a stepping stone toward a Construction Supervision position.
If you have the drive, energy, skills, and experience for this position, apply today!
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Completing assigned tasks while ensuring the quality and quantity of your work; always maintaining high standards.
- Demonstrating a working knowledge of construction and safety measures.
- Demonstrating good analysis, observation, and time management skills.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing, squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least at least 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Experience with hand and power tools.
- Ability to clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Ability to load and unload building material, tools and equipment.
- Properly maintain and organize tools, supplies, and other company property.
- Knowledge of multi-family, 3-story, wood frame construction is a major plus.
- Must be very punctual, dependable, and willing to work full-time (overtime is available).
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult situations.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
Compensation: $14-16/hour based on experience.