Director of Critical Care
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Ascension Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan is hiring a Director of Critical Care. If you are you an experienced, strategic leader who guides, and inspires trust through personal leadership, this position may be for you. As the Critical Care Director, you will lead over 100 Critical Care team members. This high acuity, high quality Critical Care area offers excellent cardiac care, is trauma certified, offers great provider support, and has a comprehensive stroke program. If this sounds like a position for you, apply today and speak with one of our recruiters!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Borgess Hospital is nationally recognized for specialty services in cardiovascular, pulmonary, orthopedic, bariatric, stroke, rehabilitation and spine care, among others. Ascension Borgess is also a major referral center regionally for emergency and trauma services; a behavioral health crisis center; the Diabetes and Endocrine Center; diagnostic services & radiology; sleep medicine; women's health; the Birthing Center; and sports medicine.
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
Heart of Care: Registered Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve. When it comes to professional development, we offer many continuing education opportunities.
Front Lines: Registered Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, we pride ourselves in employing some of the best nurses in the healthcare industry.
What You Will Do
As the Director of Critical Care with Ascension Borgess Hospital, you will lead and direct patient care services for neuro trauma, medical, post open heart, and high acuity/ SWAT teams at Ascension Borgess Hospital.
- Develops departmental goals and objectives consistent with medical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements of the health care delivery system.
- Directs clinical activities, including patient assessment, care plan development, service level determination, patient visits, and complaint management.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares and monitors budget(s) and ensures that assigned nursing area operates within allocated funds. Coordinates and directs internal and externally-driven audits.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Finger Printing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Required.
- Master's Degree Required or completion of Master's Degree within 6 years of hire date.
- Minimum of five (5) years current clinical experience in a comparable setting for defined department with progressive management and leadership experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.