Posted on May 18, 2019 by Delaware North
A haven for the outdoor enthusiast, immerse yourself in a serene setting where The Ridgeline blends the casual style of the Rocky Mountains with the comforts of a friendly Colorado mountain getaway. Inspired by the natural beauty surrounding Estes Park, the hotel's conveniently close location is an easy two-mile drive to the Rocky Mountain National Park and a short quarter-mile walk to the heart of this charming, mountain town. Welcome to the beauty that is The Ridgeline at Estes Park!The Opportunity
The Accountant will focus on a variety of accounting functions including (but not limited to) calculating complex journal entries, approving specified journal entries (and adding backup documentation as needed), and approving specified rush payments. They may also assist with monitoring financial compliance with certain contractual requirements. Additionally, the Accountant may guide other members of the accounting staff through example and collaborate in the sharing of knowledge and skill.
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of accounting services
- Assists the Controller/ Accounting Manager in coordinating the external audits of the business unit
- Perform a variety of complex accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records
- Prepare financial, statistical, and/or technical reports
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard accounting processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift client's expectations towards Delaware North's standard practices
- Work closely with Global Business Services to continuously improve efficacy handoffs or transitions of work
- Approve journal entries and add backup documentation as needed
- Calculate complex, exception-based journal entries
- Approve non-purchase order invoices and rush payments
- Work to maintain and improve against Service Level Agreements and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of processes
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to questions and makes calls regarding billing problems; act as a liaison between departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance
- Prefer 2+ years accounting of experience.
- Hospitality industry experience highly preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
$16 - $16 Annual
$50k - $90k Annual
$14.7 - $14.7 Hourly