Educator I - Temporary
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Delaware North
Delaware North operates the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Bringing to life the epic story of the U.S. space program, offering a full day or more of fun, inspiration and educational activities, including the new Astronaut Training Experience®, Heroes & Legends, featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame®, Kennedy Space Center Tour featuring the Apollo/Saturn V Center with an actual Saturn V moon rocket, Space Shuttle Atlantis®, Shuttle Launch Experience®, IMAX® films, Astronaut Encounter, Rocket Garden, and more.The Opportunity
This is a temporary position from late May through August (summer season).
Assist in the teaching of instructional education programs at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Instructional programs are related to NASA's space exploration programs and other science related themes. Instructional programs include Astronaut Training Experience and Camp KSC, themed educational events and instructional school field trip programs.
- Assist instructor of Visitor Complex education programs and camps.
- Supervise student participants in a safe learning environment.
- Maintain and operate networked space shuttle simulation software, virtual reality equipment and motion-based simulators in a safe learning environment.
- Interest in Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and NASA's Space Exploration program.
- Perform administrative tasks and education office coordination.
- Assist with projects related to development of new and innovative ideas on how to better educate and entertain student participants.
- Interest in working with groups of students ranging 2 nd through 9 th grades
- Excellent communications and organization skills
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Interest in KSC and NASA's Space Exploration program
- Resume, references, background checks and drug test required
- Must meet NASA/KSC badging requirements
- Personal transportation is required
- MUST be available from late May through first week of August (summer season); training will be held on evenings/weekends prior to summer season
Working with the public with moderate to strenuous physical activity required. Physical demands include, but are not limited to: standing for the majority of a work shift, mobility up and down stairs, lifting up to 30 lbs., spending time outside in variable weather, and ability to operate simulators with heavy moving parts.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.