Accountant, General Ledger
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Delaware North
The Opportunity At Delaware North we have a a long history of operational success and we have ambitious goals for our future growth and operating performance. These aspirations are supported by a transformative enterprise-wide initiative called True North. True North re-imagines the Delaware North operating model by creating processes and tools and providing enhanced support to our local teams that will enable us to best serve our guests, clients, and 55,000+ associates.
To achieve these goals, we need people like you. The True North team is hiring an Accountant, General Ledger.
The Accountant supports the Record to Report (RTR) function and is responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, financial reporting, month end and year end reconciliations, journal entries, direct and prepaid expenses, handling inquiry escalations, and for identifying potential process improvements. Additionally, the Accountant may guide other members of the Global Business Services staff through knowledge sharing. Lastly, the Accountant may also work in partnership with various subsidiaries and field operations personnel to help facilitate process improvements.
- Receive, investigate, and process nonroutine invoice inquiries and disputes that have not been resolved
- Successfully handle most non-routine issues and escalate unresolved issues to management
- Perform Balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring accuracy and correctness of the same
- Understand and apply Delaware North's Record to Report processes, policies, procedures, and internal control standards
- Prepare RTR process related financial, statistical, and/or technical reports
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard RTR processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift towards Delaware North's standard practices
- Support training of MSP staff in performing more routine RTR functions
- Support RTR Lead as functional specialist in testing and implementing financial system upgrades and patches
- Requires minimal supervision to manage daily activities and can meet published Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for activities
- Assist RTR leadership in smooth functioning of the daily RTR process
- Collaborate with the Managed Service Provider to continuously improve handoffs or work transitions related to the RTR process.
- Work to maintain and improve against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and assist with any applicable reporting and analytics to measure the efficacy and efficiency of RTR process
- Work toward identifying potential process improvements in the RTR Process
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the organization to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to inquiry escalations and acts as a liaison between departments to support Delaware North's overall financial processes
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Associate's degree in business related curriculum coupled with relevant prior experience.
- 1-2 years of accounting/finance experience.
- May travel to support certain initiatives.
- Deep understanding of accounting functions and accounting processes.
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software.
- Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication skills.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.