Front Desk Supervisor at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Delaware North
"I work in the most incredible setting on earth where exhilaration and relaxation meet, and timeless memories are made." If you want to be able to say that, if the smell of evergreen trees and being in the great outdoors appeals to you, then let your adventure begin here! Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is nestled in the Sierra Mountains just two miles from Yosemite National Park's south entrance, 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst and an hour outside of the large valley community of Fresno, CA.
As a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified luxurious, all-season resort, we serve a world wide traveler base. Onsite offerings range from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and fine dining. We offer a "roughing it minus the rough part" stay and focus on creating the world's best experiences today while reimagining tomorrow one guest at a time. Come grow with us and create your own memorable experience with the Tenaya Lodge team!
Front Desk Agents are the first line of communication for guests. They are the hub of all communication for the property. They establish a welcoming atmosphere from the minute a guest arrives at Tenaya Lodge by being attentive and always willing to answer questions, resolve guest issues, communicating guest needs to other departments, register guests, and resolve guest issues. The Front Desk Supervisor oversees this area as well as PBX operators and Bellstaff.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
• Resolve customer complaints or answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Supervise the work of office, administrative, or customer service employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
• Provide employees with guidance in handling difficult or complex problems or in resolving escalated complaints or disputes.
• Implement corporate or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
• Discuss job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
• Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies or arrange for training to be provided.
• Evaluate employees' job performance and conformance to regulations and recommend appropriate personnel action.
• Interpret and communicate work procedures and company policies to staff.
• Prepare and issue work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for office or administrative staff.
• Maintain records pertaining to inventory, personnel, orders, and supplies.
• Compute figures such as balances, totals, or commissions.
• Develop or update procedures, policies, or standards.
• Make recommendations to management concerning such issues as staffing decisions or procedural changes.
• Participate in the work of subordinates to facilitate productivity or to overcome difficult aspects of work.
• Design, implement, or evaluate staff training and development programs, customer service initiatives, or performance measurement criteria.
• Have complete knowledge of Springer Miller.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Experience: 2 plus years of experience in Hospitality, Front Desk Preferred
Prior Supervisor Experience Preferred
Computer Skills: Computer literate in MS Office programs; some experience with property management systems preferred. Proficiency in Springer Miller Systems preferred.
Other Requirements: Must be fluent in English language both spoken and written.
Must be able to type proficiently.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less O
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs O
41-100 lbs N
Other Physical Requirements
• Vision (Near, Distance, Depth)
• Sense of Touch
• Sense of Balance
Fast paced work environment behind the front desk in a hotel lobby. Outside in adverse weather conditions frequently. Must be able to work at an elevation of 5,000 plus feet.
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.