Mutuel Lakes Racing
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Delaware North
Part Time Position Available! Amazing Benefits!
Come join our fun fast paced environment of Live Racing!
Under the Director of Mutuels Manager, responsible for selling racing tickets for live and simulcast bets placed by guests, in accordance with New York State Gaming
Commission and Company's applicable Operational Standards.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acknowledges, greets and converses with guests who approach the betting window
- Responsible for selling racing tickets
- Make change for customers
- Pay out winning tickets to guests
- Cash out and balance drawer with daily cash report
- Demonstrates skill in dealing with guest complaints, using active listening skills to control difficult situations and maintain guest goodwill
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, including listening skills and ability to communicate effectively with guests
- High school diploma/GED/TASC preferred
- Racing knowledge preferred
- Cashier experience preferred
- Manual dexterity sufficient for inputting bets and cash handling
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to observe and communicate with players
- Ability to periodically lift and carry up to 10 pounds
- Requires some walking, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, climbing steps
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.