Senior Network Engineer (Security)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Sr. Network Engineer (Security)
Duration: Perm-$125K + bonus
Years of experience: 10+
- Need a person that can hit the ground running so needs senior experience
- Worked in large enterprise environments at Fortune 500 companies
- Cisco shop-Nexus Switches 9000's
- F5 Load Balancers
- Firewalls-ASA and some knowledge of Palo Alto preferred
- Unified communication experience
- Troubleshoot MPLS .what's wrong with Routers and switches, fixing things, monitoring
- Heavy operations-hands on
- Would like a CCNA, CCIE, CCNP and ITIL is a plus
- 6 + years of IT network experience in infrastructure/network environments performing network engineering (hardware and/or software), design, planning, implementation and support
- 3 + years of experience ideally working in a large enterprise network in a design, engineering, or support role.
- Networking, network design and network security experience
- 6 years of LAN/WAN Network Engineering experience installing, maintaining, configuring, and troubleshooting network equipment including Arista/Aruba/Cisco Routers and switches
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols eg MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VPN, QoS, NHRP, GRE
- Strong troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods including:
- Load balancing traffic and engineering for automatic failover
- Hands-on experience with traffic monitoring and management
- Must have Arista/Aruba/Cisco routing and switching knowledge and experience, Palo Alto/ASA firewalls, VPN and Wireless experience.
- Experience with F5 load balancing hardware
- Must be skilled in the use of routing protocols (EIGRP, OSFP, BGP), understand QOS, be able to implement traffic policing and shaping on a LAN/WAN network and understand GRE tunneling
- Must have advanced knowledge of datacenter routing and switching
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving network anomalies on an operational network
- Experience with a broad range of security products such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS systems, AV, VPNs, Authentication, Content Filtering, etc. in a variety of network implementations.
- CCNP certified is or equivalent experience is desirable Customer focused attitude
Facilitates the planning, forecasting, implementation and operational support for network of moderate/high complexity. Responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Client's network infrastructure and will provide mentoring for less experienced staff. Required to keep abreast of emerging technologies and provide recommendations where necessary. Performs and manages network problem resolution and oversees the development and documentation of best practices.
- Performs or manages large network design upgrades and hardware reconfigurations.
- Conducts network studies and traffic analyses, prepares forecasts of network traffic and capacity, and recommends modifications to the network configurations that reduce costs or improve service. Utilizes network management software to produce appropriate metric reports.
- Troubleshooting & Support
- Serves as a high-level technical resource on large scale network/security issues.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) and also provides support for network/security related incidents.
- Proactively monitors and measures the overall infrastructure performance and recommends or drives the necessary corrective measures, if necessary.
- Participates in on-call rotation requiring troubleshooting during off hours.
- Implements and supports network/security devices including firewalls, IDS/IPS, ACLs, and various other security devices.
- Adheres to industry accepted network/security best practices.
- Produces and reports on cyber threats as they relate to the company and industry.
- Conducts vulnerability scans against company owned assets to assist in determining security posture.
- Policies, Standards, Guidelines, Procedures, and Audits
- Assists in the development of network/security policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures relevant to IT infrastructure.
- Participates in audits providing requested network/security information on time and as requested by the audit teams.
- Adheres to SOX, PCI, and local regulatory requirements to ensure compliancy.