Cloud Business Intelligence Solutions Architect
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Cloud Business Intelligence Solutions Architect. Candidate will design, develop, enhance, debug, support, maintain and test Cloud solutions. These solutions may involve diverse platforms, software, technologies and tools providing for a challenging and exciting environment. The position will be involved in all aspects of providing these solutions from design, development to implementation. The participant will not have direct reports but will be part of larger teams requiring excellent communication and collaboration skills with other technical groups as well as business leaders. Individuals should be able to work with minimal supervision and with general guidance as they deliver superior solutions.
- Architect, design and build data lakes and data analytics platform.
- Have experience with structured/semi-structed data ingestion and processing on AWS using EC2, S3, EMR, Glue, Sqoop, Python, Spark, SQL, Talend, Redshift, R, RDS etc
- Development using above tools and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Security in the AWS on cloud technology stack.
- Experience with data warehouses and Business Intelligence applications. Experience in BW on HANA; Experience in BW4/HANA, S4/HANA, BODS a huge plus
- Strong Datamodelling capabilities
- Strong system integration skills
- Strong experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Strong relational and OLAP database skills
- Excellent communication and articulation skills to understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions using best practices.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- Stay up to date with the latest emerging technologies in data lakes, big data, and use cases.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems and team player with a positive attitude
- Create technical design/specification documentation.
- Help team members in design and development. Ability to mentor less experienced members
- Work closely with business areas users to understand and define system requirements and then make recommendations on solutions to fit the business need.
- Evaluates current system capabilities to identify changes that need to be made and determines the impact to the business. Ensures that the proposed solution fulfills the business need.
- Works as a team member within IT to develop and implement defined solutions. May need to identify needed resources (internal and/or external) to complete the solution. Then communicates and coordinates these resources for successful implementation.
- Develops technical specifications from which applications will be written to support the business. Works with team members to communicate and ensure understanding of requirements and tasks.
- Develops programs and solutions using appropriate technologies and provides ongoing support in responsible areas.
- Provides test plans and executes technical and functional tests of solutions to verify desired results. Evaluates results and coordinates modifications necessary to meet the requirements.
- Define, organize, develop and track the progress of solutions by applying project management techniques. Identify issues and risks and manage these to provide the solution to the business in the timeline promised. Communicate to management direction, status and issues through status reports and meetings.
- Develop and maintain all system related documentation.
- Follows established methodologies during system development and ensures that systems adhere to the standards and procedures established by the IT department.
- 8+ years of application development experience in EDW systems, and 2+ years AWS technology stack.
- Must have excellent knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies
- Must have strong problem solving skills and abilities to debug applications
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate across varied areas including technology, business functions and senior leadership.
- Critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.