Cloud DevOps Engineer
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Permanent Full time role*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Cloud DevOps Engineer. Candidate is responsible for a DevOps approach to development of new systems for analysing/processing/enriching Unstructured content; the coding & development of advanced analytics solutions to make/optimize business decisions and processes; integrating new tools to improve analytics; and address new technical challenges using existing and emerging technology solutions
- Design and implement a centralized Unstructured data management ecosystem to collect, analyze, store, protect and govern Unstructured data for the enterprise.
- Build a scalable Cloud (AWS) platform for the evolving needs so support the Unstructured Data Strategy.
- Identify and utilize new and emerging technologies to define comprehensive, sustainable, extensible architecture to meet defined business needs, including cloud or on-premises solutions
- Design and establish governance and data management frameworks for Unstructured data.
- Provide recommendations on implementation of organization wide processes and procedures for the management of data risk especially if the solution is based on a public cloud services.
- Coordinate with Network and Infrastructure teams to design systems that can scale to the operational needs of handling large volumes of Unstructured data
- Define strategies to Investigate, evaluate, interpret and classify Unstructured data in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between the Unstructured content and its associated metadata.
- Evaluate technologies & implement solutions that enable the capture, publication and governance of business and system metadata, including lineage and traceability
- Partners with other internal teams and peers in the department to ensure holistic Big Data solutions meet the needs of various stakeholders.
- Executes on initiatives to improve the accuracy, security, quality, completeness, speed of data, and decisions made from Big Data analysis.
- Leverages and uses Big Data best practices to develop technical solutions used for handling of Unstructured data.
- Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with data ecosystem.
- Develop and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Unstructured data and advanced analytics to make better business decisions.
- Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Trains and develops other engineers.
- 3 - 5 Years of experience as a Big Data Engineer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience. Master's Degree in a quantitative or scientific field would be a plus.
- Experience in using software development to drive data & analytic efforts using Java/Scala as the programming language.
- Must be a developer who has experience building applications/solutions using AWS/Java/Scala.
- Experience/Knowledge of building applications using Public/Private cloud infrastructure
- AWS Knowledge - Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, Step Function, AppSync, Dynamo DB, Cloudwatch, EKS.
- Language - Java, J2EE, Scala
- Frameworks: Hibernate, Micro Service, Spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration
- Messaging/Streaming - JMS, Kafka/Kinesis
- Database - Oracle, Any No SQL DB like Couchbase, MongoDB