Posted on May 18, 2019 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: Network Analyst
Duration: 6months +
Years of experience: 5+
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and professional Network Analyst who will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support of our corporate network. The successful candidate will possess prior experience in various networking fields. They will have to be open and willing to take on various tasks and requests and manage them until completion. Additionally, the individual will need to be open to learn and embrace new technologies. This position participates in the 24/7/365 on-call rotation and the individual understands the rigors and challenges of working in an Enterprise IT department.
This position requires a strong understanding of network technologies. Analysts will be called upon to support and troubleshoot incidents and outages.
- Provide support to various networking products and technologies such as routing, switching, Firewall management
- Provide Firewall configuration, validation and support
- Identify single points of failure/risks to the business and provide a reasonable solution to remediate the risk
- Monitor and analyze network and related system performance and provide reports on a regular basis, identify hot spots
- Provide support for Cisco VOIP phone system. Including user hardware, gateway, and server configuration.
- Actively monitor and react to Real Time network conditions to quickly identify and react to issues and outages
- Maintains and updates network infrastructure including but not limited to branch access layer environments, Wireless environments, Solarwinds, and packet tracer/analyzer software
- Prepares and follows detailed documentation, standards and guidelines, for data, telephony, and wireless systems
- Takes corrective action to improve system performance; travels to off-site locations to perform related work, if required
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- CCNA certification required
- 2+ years' experience working knowledge of Network and VOIP Technologies
- Experience in multi-datacenter, multi-site network topologies utilizing MPLS and point-to-point WAN technologies preferred
- Ability to manage polices, object groups, VPN configurations and end user support
- Must have strong knowledge of common Cisco command line interface (CML)