Internet Tech Support Representative
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Mediacom
Take incoming calls in a call center environment assisting internet and phone customers with technical service-related problems including hardware and software configurations. Provide the best customer experience from the beginning of the call to the end of the call each time. Build customer loyalty by utilizing active listening to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for cable, internet and phone services on the first call. Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide exceptional customer service while walking customers through common hardware and software configurations to maximize product functionality.
• Navigate multiple tools, while keeping customer engaged, to identify the root cause of customer issues.
• Schedule on-site service calls when necessary.
• Multitasking - ability to talk, type, read and listen.
• Meet or exceed attendance expectations.
• Meet or exceed sales goals.
• Enter Sales, upgrade or service changes quickly and accurately.
• Adherence to schedule.
• Ability to adapt in a fast paced always changing environment. Preferred Experience/Skills:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates/Bachelors Degree Preferred.
• Required - Minimum 1 year of prior customer service or technical support experience; cable industry experience preferred.
• Knowledge of common consumer internet software including various browsers and email platforms preferred.
• Basic understanding of internet, networking and email protocols.
• Exemplary Customer Service skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Shift Flexibility: able to work evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime.
• Strong problem solving or organizational skills.
• Understanding of basic accounting mathematics
• Microsoft Office experience a plus. Keywords: Customer Support, Internet Support, Technical Support, Tech Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Mediacom's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Category: Customer Service , Keywords: Technical Support Representative