Front Desk Manager
Posted on May 18, 2019 by THE PEABODY MEMPHIS
3. Knowledge of hotel safety standards with attention to guest and associate security and well-being.
4. Maintain consistent communication with housekeeping and engineering to ensure an impeccable hotel appearance.
5. Inspect food storage locations and monitor site temperatures in accordance with Tennessee State safe food handling regulations.
6. Scrutinize outlets for efficiency, quality, and safety on a nightly basis.
7. Execution of overall operating philosophy of the hotel.
8. Maintain communication with all outlets and departments, discussing any deviations in operating standards, policies of service expectation, Peabody Service Excellence® vision, behaviors and values.
9. Be available to promptly respond to all guest calls (associate or guest generated), actively resolving issues that reflect a negative experience.
10. Review all group resumes and maintain active file for reference.
11. Ensure third-party partners are operating within the bounds of their lease and ensure they portray the Peabody Service Excellence® culture.
12. Assist in all security related incidents and be aware of previous shift reports, taking on decision-making responsibilities that do not involve mandatory contact of the Director of Rooms and/or the General Manager.
13. Maintain written documentation of all incidents during the shift and to communicate with guests in writing when necessary.
14. Compile all pertinent information to pass on to the oncoming Manager On Duty.
15. Process all package passes for associates when department heads are not available.
16. Assist guests with package delivery, shipping and pick-up when necessary.
17. Exceed the guest's expectations while maintaining the integrity of the hotel and the overall profit margin.
18. Appropriately represent the hotel to all guests. Meet with professionals and VIPs in the absence of the General Manager or EC designee.
19. Coach associates to deal with guest issues in an efficient manner and at the highest level of service.
20. Be available to assist in guest service areas when needed.
21. Prepare daily competitive occupancy report.
22. Attend Pre-cons if available.
23. Liaise with all meeting planners during events to ensure management visibility.
24. Attend weekly rooms division meetings. Attend departmental meetings to maintain visibility and to share feedback on the guest experience.
25. Monitor and analyze MOD log to suggest solutions to ongoing, repetitive issues. QUALIFICATIONS Essential: 1. High school graduate, some college.
2. Organizational skills with a strong sense of detail.
3. Strong sense of verbal communication, and must be able to interact with guests in a positive manner.
4. Fluency in English, both verbal and written. Ability to provide legible communication.
5. Completion of First Aid training and possession of valid CPR and First Aid certification.
6. Basic knowledge of computer software including Word and Excel.
7. Possession of 20/40 vision with or without corrective lenses.
8. Possession of any city, county, state or other licenses as required by law.
9. Ability to: write in a manner which effectively communicates both guest and hotel maintenance issues.remain calm and decisive in emergency situations.prioritize and focus both on details and overall hospitality concepts.perform basic arithmetic, including the use of percentages.interact with guests and other employees in courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.understand and execute all safety and emergency procedures (i.e., fire, crowd control, inclement weather, and bomb threats).understand and execute all safety and emergency equipment (fire extinguisher, wheelchairs, respirators).utilize communication equipment (telephones, radios, and beepers).satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers in a courteous, empathetic and discreet manner.maintain regular and punctual attendance.adhere to Peabody grooming standards.exemplify Peabody Service Excellence®. Click Apply to Submit Resume EOE M/F/D/V Drug Free Workplace Category: Administrative , Keywords: Hotel Front Office Manager