Fleet Maintenance Specialist
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Des Moines Public Schools
1. Determine, coordinate and communicate maintenance needs of district fleet of buses and other equipment, assigns workload to maintenance staff.
2. Evaluate job performance of assigned staff and submits written performance reviews.
3. Supervise and directs the work for transportation employees.
4. Investigate alleged incidents of staff misconduct or incompetence and carries out discipline process.
5. Maintain accurate equipment and financial records for fuel, parts and repair data.
6. Provide reports and budget information as needed.
7. Assist with competency and safety training of drivers, associates and maintenance staff.
8. Use databases to access vehicle maintenance and relay information to drivers, staff and public.
9. Attend work on a prompt and regular basis.
10. Maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with the public, students and other employees.
11. Maintain confidentiality.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. HIRING SPECIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma
2. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
3. Experience working with computerized databases/applications
4. Minimum of five years satisfactory service mechanic experience or equivalent
5. Ability to demonstrate effective supervisory, leadership, and organizational skills
6. Ability to evaluate and motivate employees 7. Knowledge of the City of Des Moines and school locations
8. Ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment, effectively communicating timely and accurate information and decisions
9. Knowledge and application of State and Federal transportation rules and guidelines
10. Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingness to acquire these skills Desired:
1. Post High School education or training
2. Leadership/management experience of a maintenance facility
3. Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Drivers License and Iowa School Bus Operators Permit Category: Installation & Maintenance , Keywords: Maintenance Manager