Registered Nurse (RN) Nurse Manager - Labor & Delivery Full
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Blue Royal Staffing
Abilene is known for a vibrant downtown featuring small businesses, the Abilene Civic Center, The Grace Museum, Center for Contemporary Arts, National Center for Children's Illustrated Literature, the beautifully restored Paramount Theatre and their newest designation as The Storybook Capital of Texas- featuring classic storybook character sculptures around almost every corner.
POSITION TYPE: Nurse Manager
LOCATION: Abilene, TX
SPECIALTY: Labor & Delivery
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
- Minimum of five years acute care maternal/child experience required
- Two (2) years of management or supervisory experience
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Ability to perform basic nursing skills on groups of patients and ability to assume charge responsibility.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize quickly.
- Ability to administer medication utilizing the five rights.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Current State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) through American Heart Association
- NRP required within 6 months of hire
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Master's Degree is Nursing preferred
- Acceptable degrees from an accredited school include: Diploma Program in Nursing, an Associate Degree in Nursing, or a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.