Operator (Westminster, MD)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with HRI, Inc.
In 1947, Herbert R. Imbt founded a small construction company in State College, Pennsylvania with only a few pieces of equipment. During the following decades, HRI, Inc., as the company was later renamed, expanded geographically to cover areas outside of central Pennsylvania, including much of Central, Eastern, and Western Pennsylvania. Operations also expanded to include paving, water, sewer, airport, highway, and bridge projects as well as asphalt plants. In 1999, HRI, Inc. was purchased by Employer, Inc., a worldwide leader in the construction industry, with numerous construction businesses throughout the United States. Today, HRI, Inc. benefits from being part of a much larger organization while maintaining local control over our activities and the close ties to the communities we serve. HRI operates as a subsidiary of Barrett Industries. Under Barrett, HRI serves everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies.
HRI, Inc. upholds the highest standards of safety, environmental stewardship, and ethical conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We are strong, stable, and growing.
We Build the Roads You Travel
HRI, Inc., a leader in heavy civil construction since 1947, has an opening for an experienced and energetic Heavy Equipment Operator at its Westminster, Maryland job site.
While the corporate office is based in State College, PA, the qualified candidate will be based in Maryland where they will work on the Westminster wastewater plant project. Some travel will be a requirement for the position
The Heavy Equipment Operator position is within our Utilities Region, where we are a leader in the water/wastewater treatment plant construction business in addition to our leading position with large, municipal pipe projects. Our project market includes most of Pennsylvania and parts of Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.
The successful candidate will be able to work under adverse conditions such as mud and dust. They will know how to read survey stakes and understand different slopes. Also, understand the workings of the equipment to operate properly. The selected candidate will have to perform preventive maintenance and servicing which may be required.
The responsibilities of the Heavy Equipment Operator include, but are not limited to:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner within a production environment
- Perform daily and safety checks of equipment
- Works under the direction of the site Foreman
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
- Ensure equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise Foreman of any required maintenance or repairs
- Practice workplace safety to ensure the safety of fellow employees and public
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to required work area.
- Operate Loader on public or private roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings
- Perform routine cleaning and grease for equipment
- Must have 3 years' experience
- Must have construction experience
- Ability to use equipment properly and safely
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
- Must have an acceptable safety record and be committed to working safely
- Overtime as required
- Must comply with the company's drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Knowledge reading locate sheets and possible underground and/or overhead utilities
- Knowledge of equipment operation, cleaning and maintenance requirements
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills (both listening and verbal)
- Good work ethic, professional, and positive attitude
The Heavy Equipment Operator position is a Full time position with a great starting rate and excellent benefits package. The position is for year round work!
$250 Sign On Bonus!
HRI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact HRI, Inc. at (see below).
HRI, Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.