BRANSCOME INC | Asphalt Plant Operator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Operate the plant controls to produce asphalt according to the design of the mix for production.
- Maintain proper heat in dryer by adjusting thermostatic controls
- Maintain proper flow of materials
- Assists with the compiling of reports regarding plant production and maintenance
- Assist in plant and equipment maintenance
- Ability to solve problems that may arise concerning a mix design with the Quality Control personnel
- Assist plant foreman as necessary
- Awareness of location of trucks on scales before releasing materials
- Receive and input orders
- Willingness to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Knowledge of safety and lockout procedures
- Mechanical skills
- Knowledge of state requirements and mix design
- Operate bobcat and loader
- 1 - 2 years experience working in an asphalt plant
- Basic computer knowledge
- Standing 30% of time
- Walking 15% of time
- Sitting 40% of time
- Stooping 5% of time
- Climbing 30% fo time
- Reaching 40% of time
- Kneeling 5% of time
- Carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Pushing up to 40 lbs.
- Pulling up to 40 lbs.
Work Place Values/Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job: the employee is regularly exposed to: Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to: Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to: Wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. or send an e-mail to: (see below).
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.