AVP, Business Risk and Controls
Posted on May 18, 2019 by USAA
This position will also be responsible for communicating the comprehensive Regulatory management controls for Consumer Real Estate to bank first line of defense functions, the second line of defense functions, audit, and regulators.
- Oversees the design, implementation, testing and execution of automated preventative Regulatory risk controls and comprehensive Regulatory management programs for Mortgage and Home Equity consistent with the Bank's Regulatory Risk Management Program and in alignment with applicable laws and regulations.
- Works collaboratively with members of the Consumer Real Estate Leadership team, Bank Compliance and enterprise control partners to establish, communicate and execute comprehensive regulatory controls and programs for Consumer Real Estate.
- Demonstrates thought leadership based upon up-to-date awareness and understanding of legislative developments and a working knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations as they relate to the Bank, with the ability to communicate this knowledge in a consumable format for all audience.
- Provide leadership in the area of regulatory compliance and process improvement to enhance organizational safety and soundness.
- Works closely with other risk disciplines including but not limited to operational risk management, legal and audit services.
- Assists Consumer Real Estate Experience Owners and Senior Experience Owners in identifying Regulatory risks and emerging issues applicable to their ongoing and proposed experiences.
- Reviews and tests the adequacy of the Consumer Real Estate's Regulatory control environment, open Management Identified Gaps (MIG), and as necessary, ensures correct changes are implemented to close the MIG.
- Oversees the development and implementation of an effective Regulatory educational program for all relevant areas of Consumer Real Estate.
- Collaborates with Bank Compliance officer on corrective action or remediation plans for identified Regulatory weaknesses, monitor and report on the status of remediation plans to Bank Compliance and Operational Risk..
- Sets the agenda, builds high-performing teams and sells the vision. Ensures development and mentorship of employees. Builds enduring teams and processes that foster an environment to attract, develop and retain strong talent.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 10+years of progressive compliance and/or risk management experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex Matrix environment
- 6+ years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing team
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- 10+ years consumer/residential real estate mortgage experience in risk, compliance or operations
- 7+ years in Mortgage Servicing
- Mortgage operations
- P&L ownership
- QA servicing
- Exam Management
- Internal audit for mortgage servicing
- Subservicing vendor relationship management
- Large project implementation
$30k - $35k Annual
$90 - $90 Hourly