Asphalt Plant Operator/Leadman 1
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
The road to your future starts with Barrett Industries
Since 1854, Barrett Industries has been a leader in providing infrastructure solutions throughout the United States. Through our subsidiary companies, including Barrett Paving Materials Inc., we serve everyone from small contractors to government agencies and Fortune 500 companies. Barrett Industries Corporation is an infrastructure construction holding company with a vertically integrated value chain including quarries, sand and gravel operations, asphalt cement storage terminals, hot mix asphalt plants, trucking, asphalt emulsions, asphalt paving, and pavement preservation.
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. upholds the highest standards of Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Ethical Conduct. We provide advanced solutions for our customer's needs while having a positive impact on our local communities, generating sustainable growth, and long-term value for our shareholders. Our mission is to strengthen and grow our infrastructure products and services by empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. We operate through various companies in the Northeast and the Midwest. We are strong, stable, and growing.
We Build the Roads You Travel
Major Role and Purpose:
This position operates the plant computer and controls to maintain the plant production schedule.
Description of Duties:
1. Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, local, state and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
2. Operate the plant controls to weigh and deliver specified quantities of aggregates and liquid to dryer for heating, to the mixer and then to the silo for dumping into trucks
3. Maintain proper heat in dryer by adjusting thermostatic controls
4. Maintain proper flow of materials
5. Assists with the compiling of reports regarding plant production and maintenance
6. Assist in plant and equipment maintenance
7. Ability to solve problems that may arise concerning a mix design with the Quality Control personnel
8. Assist plant foreman as necessary
9. Awareness of location of trucks on scales before releasing materials
10. Receive and input orders
11. Willingness to work nights and weekends
12. Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned
13. Perform as Lead person in the superintendents absence
2 Year College degree
Two years of experience preferred
1. Knowledge of safety and lockout procedures
2. Mechanical skills
3. Knowledge of state requirements and mix design
4. Operate bobcat and loader
5. Basic computer knowledge
Barrett Paving Materials Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Barrett Paving Materials Inc. at (see below) or send an e-mail to: (see below).
Barrett PAving MAaterials Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.