Division Operations Administrator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Lawrence Livermore National Security
Division Operations Administrator
Location: Livermore, CA
Posting Requirement: External w/US Citizenship
Job ID: 105261
Job Code: Business Operations Spec 1 (A01.1)
Date Posted: April
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Hiring Operations Administrator to perform a wide range of advanced and diverse complex personnel administration activities. You will be a key member of the business operations and activities team, supporting the workforce goals and managing all hiring activities. You will supervise a team of administrative staff that supports a variety of people and projects. This position is in the Computation Directorate.
- Plan, execute, and/or provide oversight on a variety of workforce, operational and organizational requirements and activities on administrative matters.
- Oversee non-exempt administrative staff to include hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, career development, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, coordinating work assignments, and participating in ranking and salary activities.
- Investigate and identify solutions to administrative and personnel matters.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand strategic workforce goals and job requirements.
-Assist managers with writing job postings, reviewing applicants, scheduling interviews, building hire packages, coordinating internal transfers.
- Oversee day-to-day hiring activities and process flow; establish and maintain electronic tracking and record-keeping and regularly report status of administrative and operational hiring activities.
- Research and interpret personnel policy and make recommendations to hiring managers. Ensure compliance with procedures, regulations and laws, and lead the implementation of corrective actions.
- Represent Computation on work-related committees and lead projects to assess, set and establish protocol and procedures for the work units.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes for the work unit and/or functional area to include advanced organizational, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through skills.
- Experience as a team lead or supervisor with the required skills to effectively build an administrative support team.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, and/or onboarding activities.
- Experience independently coordinating and prioritizing high volume requests in a dynamic environment and developing inventive solutions to unique administrative and operational challenges.
- Experience working on organizational projects and experience researching, interpreting, and applying related policies and procedures.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential hiring and personnel information with tact, discretion, and mature judgement.
- Experience problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Ability to work independently with the aptitude to assume responsibility and make decisions with minimal guidance within a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LAPIS, LHIRE, LEAP, LITE, VTS, FTS, ePay and LTRAIN
- Knowledge and understanding of LLNL's hiring processes and procedures.
- L or Q clearance at the time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.