Director of Engineering
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Leidos
The Quick Reaction Capability Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (QRC AISR) of the Airborne Solutions Group of Employer currently has a need for a Director of Engineering. This position is responsible for applying engineering principles and best practices in the development of Airborne ISR projects and programs.
In this role you will organize and lead the Division's engineering staff to meet objectives in design, product development, and testing. This position will oversee design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products/designs/technology or improvement of existing ones. The director will assist in formulating proposal resource requirements for engineering design planning and developing engineering requirements in the development of new markets.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Developing core capabilities, advanced technology/solutions, providing technical leads for projects, utilizing modeling and simulations (M&S) capabilities, establishing engineering processes and best practices, providing technical leadership to all key programs.
- Continue to build, develop and grow a Systems Engineering team/department that can maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional staffs cross the company.
- Leverage (Employer) technology and product investments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to conceptualize system architectures, define key capabilities, performance requirements, system implementation approaches and operational concepts.
- Contribute to strategic planning, including definition of technology and product roadmaps; also includes identification of new capital expenditures needed to achieve division - level goals/objectives.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering, technology management or business management with a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the development of advanced ISR solutions.
- Minimum of (4) years of relevant management experience with progressive advancement in responsibilities leading to technical leadership
- Minimum of (3) years of experience in leading cross-functional teams in advanced technology
- Experience with Platform integration and test, FAA & Army Airworthiness
- Demonstrated ability to create innovative solutions with clear competitive advantages to complex problems.
- Past experience with written and oral communication/presentation skills with ability to present complex technology concepts in a clear and effective manner when working with Proposal Writing/Labor Estimating, Leadership & employee development
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Master degree in engineering, technology management or business management
- Past experience with Configuration Management, Quality Management (AS9100 & EngineeringEdge NextGen), Risk Management, Program/Project Management, Budget Planning and/or Earned Value Management