Evening RN Supervisor - PD
Posted on May 18, 2019 by ECHN
Responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management and coordination of direct and indirect care activities during assigned shift. Allocates available resources to promote efficient, effective and compassionate patient care. Provides clinical and administrative leadership and expertise. Facilitates interdisciplinary team relationships. Visible, accessible and committed to communicating effectively with staff. Promotes the profession of nursing and professional practice. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, has the authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-Call.
Bachelors Degree or currently enrolled in such a program. A current Registered Nurse license from the State of Connecticut is required. Certification is highly desirable. Clinical and managerial competency must be retained for area of assignment including Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
Must have at least three (3) years of nursing experience in an acute care setting with demonstrated leadership potential. COMPETENCIES: Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing Basic computer skills in WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK are necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time to time.
1. Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and provide support to caregivers.
2. Administers the effective distribution and utilization of personnel employed during the respective shift. 3. Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of patient care. Participates in quality improvement projects and initiatives. Performs necessary data collection and audits related to quality and regulatory compliance.
4. Keeps the Nurse Executive, or designee and/or the Administrator-on-call informed regarding circumstances or situations which have or may have serious impact.
5. Assesses patient placement and care needs from a global hospital perspective, allocating resources accordingly.
6. Participates in nursing and organizational policy formulation and decision making through participation in councils and committees.
7. Follows Pharmacy protocols for obtaining drugs when the Pharmacist is unavailable.
8. Assumes the duties as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Manual.
9. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
10. Pursues personal and professional growth and development. Serves as a professional role model and mentor.
11. Responds to emergent situations and coordinates, directs and evaluates staff response.
12. Promotes patient satisfaction through the delivery of high-quality patient care, regular patient rounds and implementation of service recovery techniques. Follows protocol for responding to patient complaints and grievances.
13. Provides input to staff performance evaluations and monitoring of action plans.
14. Uses good judgment in ensuring adherence to established hospital procedures and policies. Effectively addresses unusual patient care or unit management issues.