Posted on May 18, 2019 by USAA
The Sensitive Positions Compliance Team administers USAA's enterprise sensitive positions program, which includes policies and procedures reasonably designed to comply with applicable regulatory guidance. The Director manages and leads staff in the development and implementation of the program and partners with stakeholders throughout USAA in order to effectively implement the program across the enterprise and efficiently implement policies, procedures and processes.
- Provides oversight and manages the changing regulatory environment.
- Directs the review of state and federal regulatory compliance requirements to include analysis of business impact/operational risk assessment for enacted laws/regulations and recommended company compliance actions to insure regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies strategic and tactical regulatory solutions by providing compliance subject matter expertise for CoSA project/process/product initiatives.
- Identifies compliance action plans that have regulatory impact on the company's business.
- Directs research and feasibility studies to assess regulatory compliance impacts and recommended actions on CoSA initiatives.
- Directs the implementation of appropriate strategic/tactical solutions for compliance business requirements.
- Ensures adoption and identifies any outstanding compliance issues.
- Directs the monitoring and managing of regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Manages federal/state regulatory agency relationships to obtain regulatory approvals and provides required regulatory feedback.
- Provides oversight for compliance adherence through self assessment programs and examinations.
- Responsible for personnel actions for staff to include hiring, coaching, employee development, recognition, performance management, promotions, dismissals, and disciplinary action.
- Determines action(s) required to best allocate resources.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budgetary and/or operation performance of department resources.
- 8 or more years of Compliance and/or Audit experience.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (12 years total experience required without a degree).
- 3 years of leadership experience developing and managing talent.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience implementing, operationalizing and overseeing compliance with Sensitive Positions guidance.
- Experience with US and foreign laws and regulations that pertain to bribery, corruption and fraud risks.
- Experience implementing compliance programs that satisfy laws and regulations applicable to financial services companies.
- Highly developed analytical capabilities.
- Proven ability to successfully execute projects on time and meet requirements.
- Team--focused, with an ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple business lines, geographies and disciplines, while persuading action.
*Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.*
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 05/15/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.