COLASKA I Heavy Equipment Operator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
SECON is part of Colaska Inc., a leader in heavy civil construction in the state of Alaska. SECON builds projects throughout South East Alaska and provides construction materials commercially in Juneau. Colaska Inc. is a subsidiary of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance.
Successful candidate may work at a road site, at rock crushers or asphalt plants, or serve as a mechanic.
- Oper ate power construction equipment, such as bulldozers, Front End loaders, backhoes, scrapers, motor graders, shovels and derricks
- May also be responsible for running large pumps or air compressors
- Heavy equipment operators drive heavy construction equipment and control their attachments, such as buckets, swing booms, scrapers and blades. They also control water and air output of pumps and compressors
- Heavy equipment operators should know basic maintenance and repair of the equipment they operate
- Operating engineers may be expected to perform equipment and materials inspections
- They must be able to understand specifications and instructions, both verbal and written
- Working with heavy-duty machinery requires knowledge of and strict adherence to safety regulations
SECON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact SECON at (see below).
SECON will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.