Director 2 - Facilities Operations - Canby, OR
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Sodexo
Sodexo is seeking a Director 2 - Facilities Operations for The Canby School District in Portland, OR metro area. The district has around 11 schools with 1 million sq. ft.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Take a hands on approach to managing maintenance, grounds, housekeeping and various projects in the school system;
- the ability to troubleshoot HVAC, electrical and plumbing in the school system buildings;
- have Housekeeping Manager report into the Director;
- operate a CMMS for all work orders;
- manage the budget for the department;
- meet with top leaders of the school system to discuss the various topics;
- work on special projects as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- previous Director level experience preferably in a k-12 school setting;
- a strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC;
- has managed multiple departments including grounds, housekeeping and maintenance;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- experience working with outside vendors and subcontractors;
- strong leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience.
Working for Sodexo in Schools allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. From preschool through high school, in public schools and independent schools, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions. When children are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained school they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.Position Summary
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, eg, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, eg, grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.Qualifications & Requirements
Basic education requirement- Bachelor's degree
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.