COLASKA I Corporate Accountant
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Subsidiary: Colaska Inc. (190)
Join us in Building the Last Frontier
Colaska Inc., is a leader in heavy civil construction throughout the state of Alaska. At Colaska, we believe that our strongest assets is our employees and the way they maintain their pride and enthusiasm everyday while doing business with our customers.
Colaska's unique combination of local leadership, teamwork is a powerful tool with which to do business. By providing unparalleled customer satisfaction, superior service and the highest quality products, Colaska remains committed to achieving its ultimate goal...being a leader in the construction industry.
Colaska Corporate office is looking for a Corporate Accountant. Our accounting management team is an integral part to the success of overall operations and works closely with operational personnel to achieve company objectives in accordance with GAAP, Colas internal policies and other regulatory requirements. The variety of duties requires that the Corporate Accountant to be highly motivated, organized, detail oriented and an effective communicator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial information to ensure integrity is maintained
- Assist Controller with monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities
- Work closely with operations to understand and assure proper flow of accounting information
- Review and assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts in coordination with Controller
- Communicate and identify business issues to management
- Participate in external and internal audits as required
- Uphold Colas ethics and business principles
- Travel, as deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with a major of accounting, finance, or business administration with a concentration in accounting
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Motivated, positive, and professional
- One to two years accounting experience preferably in construction and/or manufacturing field
- Intermediate level in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, if statements, nested ifs, hlookups, sum if/ifs statements, macros, what-if analysis, data validation, etc.)
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- Open to relocation opportunities
Colaska, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Colaska.
Colaska, Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.