Property Administration Spec 2
Posted on May 18, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Location: Livermore, CA
Posting Requirement: External Posting
Job ID: 105321
Job Code: Property Administration Spec 2 (F02.2)
Date Posted: May
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Property Administration Specialist. The successful candidate will support the Donation, Utilization and Sales (DUS) operation responsible for processing LLNL property and materials at end of life through reuse, recycling and sales. This position will serve as a Property Center Representative (PCR) to process transactional activities related to the release of asset/material for accountability and inventory control. This position requires sitting at a computer for extended periods of time, and some light lifting as needed. This position is within the Asset Management Department of the Business Directorate.
- Analyze, interpret and apply property management practices, policies and procedures to ensure they are consistent with LLNS Property Management Policies and Procedures and terms and conditions of agreements.
- Serve as the main point of contact for coordinating sales solicitation input; drafting and administering contractual correspondence; executing closeout of contracts.
- Collaborate with Department of Energy (DOE), the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Associate Director Property Representatives (ADPRs), and PCRs to achieve mutual outcomes; recognize and utilize integration points with Procurement, Finance, and external Government agencies.
- Provide guidance and support to property custodians on institutional policies and procedures.
- Provide information to inquiries that require research and interpretation of policy and procedures relating to asset management operational requirements. Provide guidance and support to property custodians on institutional policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with peers, program and field personnel on movement and relocation of assets internal and external to the site.
- Solve problems and analyze a variety of factors to develop solutions to include understanding interdependent institutional requirements governing disposition of assets.
- Participate in tractability of property, including identification of assets, reconciling asset values and applying naming conventions.
- Analyze, interpret, and provide direction on property reconciliation and disposition on end-of-life assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned and may require occasional travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing government material and/or property and/or comparable material management concepts, applying business practices/policies, regulatory requirements, techniques, standards, processes and systems.
- Experience researching inquiries and regulatory requirements, interpreting and applying policies and procedures and providing responses to requesters.
- Experience assessing processes, developing and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in the evaluation of property management products in delivering customer satisfaction via various feedback tools.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively toward common goals and objectives.
- Experience with personal computers and software applications (word processing, spreadsheets and databases).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with experience interacting considerately and effectively with a diverse group of personalities and disciplines at various levels.
- Knowledge of LLNL Property Management Policies and Procedures.
- Experience with creating, overseeing, and administering sales or procurement contracts.
- Knowledge of institutional applications, such as Sunflower Assets (SFA), Laboratory Integrated Network for Contracts and Supply (LINCS) and the Laboratory's on-line shipping request application (ShipIt).
- Familiarity operating within Government websites.
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this Job