Posted on May 18, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Location: Livermore, CA
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Job ID: 105329
Job Code: Business Analyst 2 (E01.2)
Date Posted: May
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have openings for Construction Assistants to support the Construction Management Division. You will provide high-level assistance in a fast-paced environment to accomplish the safe and timely completion of multiple construction projects. This position is in LLNL's Project Management Office.
- Participate in a key role with Construction Managers, and other key stakeholders including Project Managers, Design Team, ES&H, and clients, to facilitate activities to ensure safe and timely completion of construction projects.
- Develop and implement new techniques and procedures to improve construction management processes and provide recommendations to ensure quality is maintained.
- Assist with budget and schedule tracking and provide construction project updates and reporting to key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Facilitate time critical safety document approval process with key stakeholders.
- Interact with LLNL Supply Chain Management to research and gather information to formulate and define scope of work for procurement packages in support of construction projects.
- Use specialized technical knowledge to research and gather information such as budget, duration, scope, and justification to be used in complex construction reporting documentation, audits, and presentations to Division, Department, and Directorate senior management.
- Independently address areas of concern with appropriate follow up to Construction Manager or Division Leader.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant functional discipline or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced construction, facility or project management environment and knowledge of construction industry safety procedures, ie OSHA guidelines.
- Experience gathering, analysing, evaluating and interpreting data including budget and schedule tracking and communicating project status with stakeholders.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively collaborate within a team environment.
- Experience planning own work and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong computer skills using related software for spreadsheets and word processing.
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex problems.
- Experience facilitating functional business processes by providing a clear understanding and communicating expectations.
- Working knowledge of construction projects, operations, and terminology.
- Understanding of procurement processes.
- Significant experience using Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Project.
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
This listing has two openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.