Systems Engineering Manager
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Leidos
The Defense group at Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineering Manager, a deputy to the CCE Engineering Manager in Reston, VA. This is a telecommuting/remote opportunity with 10% travel.
Leidos has supported the GCSS-AF team for more than a decade, and the contract is at the forefront of leading the charge in to the CCE (Common Computing Environment), utilizing multiple migration partners and multiple commercial clouds.
The Systems Engineering Manager will direct and support engineering efforts across the CCE cloud programs. The deputy is responsible for identifying and mitigating engineering roadblocks and defining solutions to realized issues. He/she will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements and task orders and manage and oversee activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract technical requirements.
- Responsible for leadership, planning and assignment of tasks, monitoring delivery, and work assignments for the entire engineering team.
- Provide subject matter expertise to assist with matters to include strategies for improving resource allocation, alignment of work, and improving work-life balance for employees.
- Provided technical assistance to project leads and the overall team in order prevent and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to identify and solve issues and remove roadblocks when required.
- Responsible for review and delivery of contract deliverables to the Government.
- Participate in Agile Scrum sessions and assist with sprint planning meetings.
- Develop and present capability and technology roadmaps.
- Provide engineering and technical support services to functional groups to include providing specific tool studies, systems analyses, testing and evaluation, and to supplement operational technical assistance as required.
- Experience supporting and leading a virtual team.
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Efficient leadership skills
- Effective communication skills internal and external to Leidos
- Experience working with blended and separate subcontractor teams
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience working with the US Air Force
- Active PMP certification
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies Azure and AWS
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, Jira, ACAS, TrendMicro Deep Security, ServiceNow
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum