Lead Financial Analyst 4
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Lawrence Livermore National Security
Lead Financial Analyst 4 Location: Livermore, CA
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Posting Requirement: External w/US Citizenship
Job ID: 105277
Job Code: Financial Analyst 4 (C01.4)
Date Posted: April
Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have an opening for a Financial Analyst 4 to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for directing the organization's efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans. You will independently perform budgetary analyses and resource management duties, provide advice on complex financial and business issues and have responsibility for direct and indirect budgets. This position is matrixed to the National Ignition Facility & Photon Science Directorate.
- Direct the organization's efforts in the development of highly complex budgetary submissions and financial plans.
- Gather and analyze diverse and highly complex information on funding, costing and workforce issues; review work proposals and research variances to plans and allocations; implement corrective actions as appropriate.
- Serve as a point-of-contact performing self-assessments and preparing organizational responses to findings.
- Direct and participate in highly complex analysis, modelling various scenarios to support organizational and/or institutional decision making.
- Formulate, communicate and implement decisions within scope of designated authority and provide extensive and highly complex financial and business process consultation and improvement expertise within the department and directorate.
- Design and develop operational metrics and implement policies, procedures and processes with department, directorate and institutional impact in response to Laboratory, Department of Energy (DOE)/National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA)/Employer (LLNS) and other federal financial laws, orders, and guidelines, serving as an expert with regard to the interpretation and application of financial standards, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership to financial staff and lead special projects requiring development of unique solutions: set direction for a work group, oversee the execution of tasks and assure appropriately completed staff work. Foster effective relationships with customers, colleagues, and programmatic and financial managers throughout the Laboratory, LLNS, NNSA, Laboratory Site Office (LSO), and Department of Energy Headquarters (DOE HQ).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field; or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and expertise performing and directing financial functions including: diverse funding sources, developing, interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures, financial accounting (including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Extensive expertise in the development and maintenance of highly complex financial spreadsheets and databases containing advanced functions; experience in utilizing commercial and/or institutional financial tools and in the MS Office suite.
- Extensive experience applying expert analytical skills to independently research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present highly complex financial data and information.
- Extensive experience with advanced decision making, communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving and analytical skills to independently solve highly complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact; experience negotiating desirable outcomes.
- Expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relations with all levels of personnel.
- Experience effectively providing work direction to others and leading others to achieve a common goal or objective.
- Advanced organizational skills necessary to work independently and as part of a team; establish priorities and execute highly complex business and financial assignments; meet critical and time-urgent deadlines.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this Job