Posted on May 18, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Yard Supervisor is responsible for supervision of all yard activity including the load configuration, load securement and pre-trip inspections by all drivers prior to release of freight. The Yard Supervisor will direct the activity and work assignments of Yard Coordinators supporting the driver loading function. To ensure quality and safety, the incumbent will make recommendations for additional training when necessary, audit loads for possible adjustments and render the load out of service until the load is properly secured and in compliance with policies and procedures. Perform some dispatch and load building duties utilizing the Transportation Management System.
* Support work group's commitment to winning and achieving USAL's mission, vision and goals
* Audit loads to ensure proper load configuration and release drivers with their loads
* Collaborates with training to insure quality, legally compliant loads are obtained with all drivers
* Enforce corporate and legal policies for loading and securing loads.
* Convey knowledge of DOT and OSHA laws and policies to drivers.
* Ensure load have been audited and documents are completed and signed off by Yard Coordinators certifying the load is safe and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), Seven (7) years or more of vehicle loading, transporting, and unloading experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Class A CDL preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled