Construction Manager TSS.3/TSS.4
Posted on May 18, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Location: Livermore, CA
Category: Technical Services & Ops
Organization: Operations and Business Office
Job ID: 105323
Job Code: Technical Services & Ops MTS 3 (TSS.3)/Technical Services & Ops MTS 4 (TSS.4)
Date Posted: May
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have multiple openings for Construction Managers. You will have advanced technical and administrative oversight for execution of the Institutional Services Construction Contract (ICSS) and subcontract construction affecting Laboratory structure, systems and components related to the construction/facility infrastructure environment and technical responsibility for managing subcontracted construction projects and planning, coordinating and communicating subcontractor construction activities with the representatives across the laboratory. These positions are in the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Provide advanced technical and administrative direction and oversight in support of LLNL construction projects.
- Provide solutions to complex technical issues and implement construction resolutions relating to complex drawings, specifications, and other construction data furnished to subcontractor in accordance with subcontract and LLNL requirements.
- Monitor subcontractor's safety program for compliance with LLNS-approved project-related safety programs and enforce subcontractor's adherence to these safety programs.
- Monitor subcontractor's schedule and proactively manage time-critical issues to ensure project milestones are met, and coordinate/schedule hold-point and/or special safety hold-point inspection.
- Direct the procurement and delivery of government furnished equipment and/or material.
- Review site specific safety plan (SSSP) and job hazards analysis (JHA) for adherence to accepted Laboratory safety policies. Expedite and coordinate the review and approval process of project specific safety documents with LLNL ES&H stakeholders.
- Ensure the subcontractor furnished testing and commissioning plan is in accordance with subcontract requirement. Coordinate the commissioning process with LLNL stakeholders, oversee the testing/commissioning activities, and assemble project close-out documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Create project specific quality assurance plans and perform/coordinate/direct quality assurance oversight of work in progress.
- Perform expert level constructability reviews and suggest creative solutions to complex design packages; lead preconstruction meetings, weekly coordination meetings, and prepare meeting agendas and minutes.
- Represent LLNS as the subject matter expert in the areas designated within the subcontract including implementing decisions related to construction matters, processing subcontractor-generated documents, requests for information (RFI), technical submittals, and as-built drawings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience, or certified construction manager under CMAA; and advanced knowledge and understanding of the construction manager role.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials and codes, and ability to read and understand blueprint drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with constructability review of bid packages.
- Significant experience managing construction projects and budgets.
- Significant experience interpreting and applying applicable local, state, and federal safety standards, codes, laws and regulations, environment, safety, and health policies and procedures, and OSHA regulations to each construction project.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively explain, present and advise all project personnel and customers.
- Proficiency with construction project management software such as Procore.
In Addition at the TSS.4 Level
- Significant experience managing multiple construction projects and budgets simultaneously, and experience producing and implementing solutions to highly complex engineering-related problems.
- Subject matter expert in construction methods, scheduling, materials and codes.
- Experience monitoring or directing activities of subordinate staff, teams or workgroups.
- Experience in the area of construction of major laboratory facilities and buildings.
- Proficiency with MS Project.
- Familiarity with LLNL's Integrated Safety Management System.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This listing has five openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this Job