Posted on May 18, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Manager, Training, under the supervision of the Sr. Manager, Quality and Training, is responsible for administering training and learning opportunities across the organization, and in accordance with industry and company standards and requirements. The Manager will coordinate new hire training and all aspects of driver education regarding equipment familiarization, remedial training, new hire orientation, and continuous training. The Manager will supervise a team of instructors that administer training in accordance with industry and Company training guidelines. The Manager will work closely with safety and quality team, internal stakeholders and members of the shared services learning and development group to coordinate other training requirements that are necessary to ensure safe, compliant and damage-free driving behaviors.
* Assist in the development, and coordinate and facilitate the new hire orientation training including but not limited to classroom, hands-on, virtual/CBT, and driver-to-driver programs.
* Develop and ensure training materials and content meet company expectations, is relevant, accurate, up-to-date, and easily accessible for a mobile workforce.
* Provide training and learning opportunities to all associates on safety, quality and relevant company initiatives, as well as partner with corporate stakeholders to seamlessly deploy business conduct training, including but not limited to policies and procedures.
* Provide input in designing and developing training programs to maintain interest, ensure compliance and maximize retention, particularly for the driving education experience.
* Communicate new driver readiness within the training extension program and following refresher training.
* Manage driver refresher training assessments, documentation and make recommendations to determine the competency and readiness of drivers.
* Prepare status reports, maintain time and attendance, individual certifications, and regularly communicate progress to trainees and to management.
* Train driver associates on new processes and process changes as needed by the organization.
* Identify and conduct new training opportunities, process audits and violations, process documentation and creation, and potential struggle points in all training programs; provide regular feedback as needed.
* Actively participates in all safety meetings required and coordinate road tests in the pre-employment and refresher process.
* Maintain responsibility of trainees (ie, time and attendance, facilitating personal needs and resolving any issues that may arise).
* Regularly interact with Maintenance and Operations to ensure the availability of roadworthy equipment for training and work assignment.
* Through the Driver Trainers, engage Safety Coordinators to serve as the front-line reporting tool for driver work habits or behaviors deemed to be unsafe or a risk for damage to freight.
* Partner with and participate in Safety, Operations and Human Resources initiatives to ensure training programs are consistent with company culture and operational activity.
* Other duties as assigned.
This position will supervise a team of driver trainers/instructors. The Manager, Training will conduct performance reviews, coaching and mentoring of the training team.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; 5 to 8 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry specific continuing education required. DOT/OSHA and prior experience in the auto transport industry preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Demonstrate leadership, team building, action planning, and have the ability to promote change.
* Ability to create, read, analyze, and interpret common reports.
* Able to coordinate, prioritize and execute objectives and support change
* Reduce turn-around time from concept to launch on training development initiatives
* Ability to effectively develop and present information to top management and other department groups
* Development of sound, timely, and coordinated plans. Examples include: hours of training received, certifications achieved, awards (recognition) received
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
Class A CDL preferred but not required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 40% of the time and on a domestic basis).
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled