Posted on May 18, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Manager, Terminal Operations is solely responsible for the operations in a terminal location. The Manager, Terminal Operations has responsibility for the Safe, On-time, Legally Compliant and Damage Free performance of drivers within a terminal operation. The Manager, Terminal Operations will coach, train, monitor and dispatch drivers so that they exceed customer service expectations and ensure that drivers are: knowledgeable and compliant with all Federal, State, and local regulations pertaining to the trucking operation; compliant with all Company policies and procedures; capable of transporting vehicles safely and damage-free to destinations designated by dispatch, and meeting company expectations for performance.
* Manage dispatch operations and collaborate with Central Logistics to create loads for all customer traffic to include special events and expedites. Dispatch loads to drivers with consideration for hours-of-service, previous day's trip, and size of load compared to size of transport truck. Maintain a load factor and loaded miles that are within set parameters (ie, budgetary requirements, performance indicators).
* Manage driver Performance Management process to include providing corrective action, performance improvement plans, and the normal review process. Manage driver's performance to higher standards through close collaboration with Human Resources.
* Leverage the Transportation Management System (TMS) and ensure that all loads are covered so that they meet service level requirements and drivers are within Hours of Service requirements.
* Maintain the safety culture and monitor and coach drivers to ensure that the driver is meeting DOT regulations; uses the E-log system to plan availability; perform pre-trip inspections and report equipment issues on the Electronic Driver Vehicle Inspection Report (EDVIR).
* Maintain and ensure timely communication and distribution of monthly driver scorecard data to Driver Associates, and management. Continuously evaluate proper standards for driver performance measurement and recommend changes.
* Manage time and attendance for transport drivers to ensure proper staffing and driver availability.
Directly supervises one or more employees. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problem
Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience required, preferably within transportation or related industry. One (1) to three (3) years of management experience or relevant transportation experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Class A CDL is desirable but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
$90 - $90 Hourly
$30k - $35k Annual