Manager, Finance (Chautauqua)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by UPMC
Manager oversees Financial Analysts on a day-to-day basis and provides instructions, guidance, education and supervision. In addition, this role may be called upon to perform activities outside the normal course including partnering with operating personnel and substituting for senior leaders in various forums. These functions must be done while also weighing the practical considerations and potential barriers that need to be overcome successfully implement new programs and processes.
- Effectively manage staff performing various financial reporting and analysis functions.
- Investigate variances and derive solutions to cost increases and quality issues
- Meet deadlines and turnaround times set by hospital management and department finance director &/or CFO (these deadlines and turnaround times will, at times, require the employee to work until the project is completed, meaning extended daily work hours, extended work weeks, or both).
- Must use their knowledge and expert understanding of financial, clinical and other information generated by numerous sources to identify opportunities to improve clinical and financial performance.
- Perform all responsibilities according to the philosophy and mission of the Employer by conveying courtesy, respect, enthusiasm and a positive attitude in work situations involving patients, visitors, clinical staff, co-workers, other Employer staff and external contacts.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis.
- Perform statistical analyses, and then be able to explain this analysis to a non-technical audience of both internal and external customers and at times, senior management.
- Provide mentorship and aide in staff professional development.
- Responsible for the distribution of work assignments of direct reports and assisting task and project management of entire finance team as well as assignment stakeholders from other departments.
- Serve as a process expert and provide training and support to Financial Analysts.
- Supervise day to day responsibilities of finance staff.
- Bachelors degree in finance or related business field is required.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience required.
- Minimum of one year managerial or supervisory experience required.
- CPA/MBA or equivalent advance degree preferred.
- Experience in the health care industry preferred.
- Proficiency in various computer software packages such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PeopleSoft, COGNOS, MRS and Hyperion. Interpersonal skills necessary to relate to CFO, Hospital Presidents, senior Hospital administrators, and other Hospital professional and technical personnel.
- Excellent planning, communication, documentation, organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities.
- Prior experience leading/supervising staff preferred.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment a must. Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and forge strong interpersonal relationships within the department, with other departments, and with external audiences.
- Attention to detail is critical to the success of this position, with demonstrated competency in customer orientation and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to interpret and summarize results of various analyses in a timely and meaningful way. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Salary Range: $26.19 to $43.13
Union Position: No