Posted on May 18, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Compensation Analyst, under the leadership of the Manager, Compensation will support the process to provide business essential, cost-effective, charge-back services to associates and business units (BU) in the Friedkin companies. The Analyst will research, analyze, and recommend compensation programs for the BUs that will 1) establish a positive employer-associate relationship, 2) promote a high level of associate morale, and 3) further the interests of the BUs. The Analyst also will take action to enhance cross-functional coordination and expand internal communications in the BUs.
(List in order of importance)
Other duties as assigned.
* Research, analyze, financially compare, and re-evaluate compensation programs (hourly, salary, short term incentive, etc.) that support the business objectives of the business units.
* Conduct job evaluations; determine pay grade and FLSA Status of positions.
* Conduct market data analysis and participate in salary surveys and budget planning surveys to make recommendations for the annual merit budget, salary structure movement, and business planning process.
* Support the compensation business planning process by updating a compensation and benefits budget model for each business unit to support business units in the business planning process and conducting variance analysis.
* Support the compensation salary administration process.
* Assist with the development and production of total compensation statements.
* Support the Incentive Process for specific Business Units.
* Assist with Deferred Compensation Administration.
* Lead the Separation Agreement Process
* May assist with other HR/Business Analysis and Audits as needed.
* Support and/or participate in special projects.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; plus three to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Also, an advanced level of experience with Microsoft Excel required. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certificate preferred.
* Demonstrate excellent analytical and coordinating skills.
* Demonstrate knowledge of current compensation laws and regulations that pertain to the business units.
* Demonstrate business acumen; process orientation; performance management; shared services characteristics; technical expertise; customer orientation; leadership; interpersonal aptitude; interpersonal influence; people development; commitment to quality; achievement orientation; self-development; company-wide perspective; business insight; and facilitation of others.
* Able to promote, coordinate, and support change.
* Able to communicate effectively -- orally and in writing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS*
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) Certificate preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled