Posted on May 18, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Location: Livermore, CA
Category: Trades & Facilities
Organization: Facilities and Infrastructure
Job ID: 105283
Job Code: Custodian Supervisor (410.5)
Date Posted: May
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have openings for Custodian Supervisors. Under minimal direction, the Supervisor has technical, administrative, and supervisory responsibility for managing and coordinating the work of custodians. The selected candidate will interact with coworkers, supervisors, clients, Environmental Safety & Health technicians, other craft personnel, vendors, and regulatory agencies. May be required to perform occasional work at Site 300 in Tracy. This position is in the Facilities & Infrastructure Department.
- Supervise, manage, direct, and coordinate the work of the custodian shop crew in general housekeeping, floor finishing, carpet cleaning, outside cleanup, window washing, and other assignments in support of the various facilities at LLNL.
- Coordinate work with other disciplines, building and programmatic personnel, plan and schedule work assignments, set priorities, make commitments related to assignments and routinely interpret guidelines and procedures.
- Serve as a point of contact on all communications between the group and facility management personnel, building clients, ES&H personnel, senior management, vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Serve as point of contact on all communications between the group and the management team and participate fully in management team decision making and goal setting. Maintain good working relationships with clients and management.
- Technical, administrative and supervisory authority to make hiring selection decisions, approval of leaves of absence, and writing performance appraisals; execution of disciplinary actions; prepare injury reports, corrective action reports and related follow-up to management.
- Perform basic computer skills; Word, Outlook, Email, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, security, and business practice requirements and policies.
- Perform duties of a custodian as required for training purposes or other miscellaneous tasks including managing and maintaining stock (ie, meeting customer requests, equipment maintenance, over time and meeting customer backlog).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and/or experience and extensive advanced and specialized skills, knowledge and abilities in custodial tasks including all tasks of Custodian 1 and 2 and Custodian Leads.
- Extensive knowledge of related application of ES&H codes, laws and regulations; and administrative, supervisory, equipment and tools training.
- Supervisory experience including independent decision making, workload scheduling, manpower utilization, budgeting, interpretation and implementation of personnel policies and procedure, execution of disciplinary actions, and completion of performance appraisals.
- Experience evaluating job hazards, and establish safety standards to assure the public, worker, and environment are protected from adverse consequences.
- Demonstrated customer service and communication skills necessary to interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical and administrative personnel.
- Basic knowledge and experience with computers, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Effective customer service and communication skills necessary to interact in writing and verbally with all levels of technical and administrative personnel.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including scheduled and emergency overtime work that may take place in various buildings and areas of the Laboratory.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Driver's License.
- Knowledge of LLNL Policies and Procedures.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam:
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position. Employees assigned to work at Site 300 may be exposed to the organism that causes San Joaquin Valley Fever (coccidiomycosis).
About UsLawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
Site 300 is an experimental test site operated by LLNL. Situated on 7,000 acres in rural foothills approximately six miles South West of downtown Tracy and 15 miles South East of Livermore, Site 300 hosts approximately 200 employees with expertise in such fields as engineering, chemistry, biology, and environmental restoration.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.