Senior Alarms Electronics Technician
Posted on May 18, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Sr. Alarms Electronics Technician
Location: Livermore, CA
Organization: Facilities and Infrastructure
Posting Requirement: External w/US Citizenship
Job ID: 105319
Job Code: Sr Technologist-Electronics (531.3)
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Sr. Alarms Electronics Technician. You will provide advanced technical support to functions in the maintenance, design, modify, test, repair and installation of fire alarms and emergency voice alarm systems in support of Fire and Alarms Life Safety Systems and Infrastructure. You will solve complex technical problems and exercise regular decision making using established troubleshooting techniques, guidelines, and procedures. This position is in the Emergency Management Department, Alarms Division, Inspections, Test, and Repair (IT&R) Group.
- Maintain, modify, and repair specialized Life Safety Systems and computer controlled interfaces, specialized detection systems including fire alarm and fan control panels, fire suppression systems, emergency and general use voice systems, criticality alarms systems and refrigerant/oxygen monitors.
- Utilize multimeter, digital scopes, analyzers, frequency meters and other testing equipment to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Set up and operate intricate systems and electronic equipment such as fire alarm and emergency voice paging systems, refrigerant monitors, data gathering panels in support of the repair and maintenance of LLNL's Life Safety Systems and Infrastructure Systems in accordance with approved procedures.
- Interpret specifications from complex Fire and Emergency Voice alarm blueprints, diagrams, specifications, software and systems programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
- Review, interpret, write, and document Fire and Emergency Voice alarm test results to identify and resolve complex technical problems, report results, and/or recommend solutions.
- Develop or evaluate test procedures, determine circuit requirements, and develop applications software.
- Collect data and provide in-depth analysis and evaluation of complex technical electronics data utilizing computer based data acquisition and controls to report results.
- Assist in the Fire and Emergency Voice alarm design controls, engineering planning and decision process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in electronics, computer maintenance, electro-optic, or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of related technology education and experience.
- Advanced skills and technical understanding of Fire and Emergency Voice alarm analog and digital electronics technology with Fire and Emergency Voice alarm electronic controls and interlocks.
- Ability to read and interpret Fire, Emergency Voice alarm and other related or unrelated alarm sub systems blueprints, electronic schematics, diagrams, specifications, and software and system program operation/product manuals.
- Advanced skills and significant experience in the use of Fire and Emergency Voice alarm multi-meters and other electronic test equipment associated with testing and troubleshooting electronic circuits.
- Significant experience analysing complex technical electronics data to resolve complex technical problems.
- Possess effective organizational, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through skills, including written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills effectively interact with all levels of management, technical, and administrative personnel.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience using software, such as Fire and Alarms Microcontroller, Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs), Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, overtime, and shift or weekends in all buildings and areas of Site 200 and 300 to accomplish goals, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, be medically qualified to wear protective equipment, and ability to work in confined spaces.
- Experience performing preventative and corrective maintenance on electronic systems.
- Familiarity with the LLNL Site 200 or Site 300 Fire and Alarms Life Safety Systems; knowledge of Integrated Safety Management (ISM), LLNL and EMD policies and procedures.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam:
A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply for this Job