Posted on May 18, 2019 by CMP.jobs
Location: Livermore, CA
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Job ID: 105371
Job Code: Accountant 2 (C02.2)
Date Posted: May
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for an Accountant 2 to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. Under general direction, you will be responsible for preparation, analysis, maintenance, and review of institutional accounting and financial information. This position is in the Accounts Payable/Travel Services Division of the Finance Department/Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO).
- Perform moderately complex analyses, reconciliations, and verifications on systems, financial reports and schedules.
- Represent the Laboratory as the accounting point of contact on specific organization assignments.
- Prepare contract deliverables for NNSA and DOE monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Research and resolve issues reported in ServiceNow and take corrective action.
- Prepare written analysis, journal entries and interpretation of moderately complex financial policies, guidance and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze and research system functionality, testing, reporting and data discrepancies to ensure integrity in financial reporting.
- Participate in the review, analysis and recommendations of changes or modifications to LLNL's accounting processes and procedures.
- Participate in Accounts Payable and Travel Accounting monthly close activities.
- Develop and compile action plans and documentation for internal and external auditors
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field, including applicable General Ledger work experience, or the equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the accounting/finance field.
- Experience compiling, analysing, and researching financial data and problem solving requiring mature judgement, discretion and tact.
- Basic knowledge of accounting theory, policies and procedures, financial systems analysis, and internal controls with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Relevant experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as Oracle Financial applications and Projects.
- Basic knowledge and experience applying general accounting operations policies and procedures, including reconciliation of asset, liability, and equity accounts.
- Experience interpreting and applying financial policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written) and advanced organizational skills to work independently and as part of a team to effectively create detailed and readily understood financial memos, briefings, documentation, and reports.
- Experience developing and maintaining computer-based spreadsheets, data analytics and report-generation applications (eg, Microsoft Word and Excel).
Pre-Employment Drug Test:
External applicant (s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.