Compliance Consultant 4 - Corporate Investment Banking
Posted on May 18, 2019 by TMP Worldwide
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company's compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
This Compliance Consultant opportunity is within Compliance, Controls, and Infrastructure Group on the Issue Management Team that supports compliance programs for Wells Fargo Securities, Corporate Banking, and Financial Institutions Group lines of business ( applicable LOBs ).
Specifically, this Compliance Consultant will assist in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of processes for the identification, assessment, and remediation of issues that impact the compliance program resulting from potential risk exposures related to regulations, rules, industry practice, policies, procedures, changes to organizational infrastructure, new business initiatives, and Corporate and Wholesale Banking risk initiatives.
Additionally, this Compliance Consultant will assist in the development, enhancement, and maintenance of controls and processes for horizontal compliance programs impacting one or more of the applicable LOBs to effectively mitigate regulatory compliance risk.
This Compliance Consultant will be responsible for supporting the compliance program of the applicable LOBs for the following:
Assist business units to develop and execute corrective action plans for identified issues
Assist in the design and implementation of strategies and methodologies for issue identification and assessment
Actively monitor for issues through various channels
Actively participate in initiatives to develop or enhance subject matter or regulation-specific horizontal compliance programs that will be implemented across multiple product or asset classes
Assist in the design and implementation of controls, including policy, procedure, training, and processes designed to mitigate regulatory compliance risk
Assist in the creation of functional documentation to document accountabilities, evidence a process, or provide guidance
- 6+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 6+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Ability to identify risk factors and ensure enactment of appropriate controls
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to translate and summarize complex data into understandable, actionable information and recommendations
- Ability to present results of analyses and recommendations to senior leaders
- Securities retail compliance experience
- Experience using data analysis to identify trends
- A Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Juris Doctor (JD)
- FINRA registration including Series 7 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
Experience developing and enhancing compliance programs
Ability to interview stakeholders and accurately map business processes, risks, and controls
Knowledge of regulations governing broker dealers or swap dealers
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.