Posted on May 18, 2019 by IES
IES Commercial, Inc. Communications Division is seeking a Full time Safety Trainer responsible for conducting safety training through a wide variety of means to ensure comprehension and compliance of company, customer and regulated standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and lead others to create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer, vendor, contractor, and IES representative(s).
- Must possess proven problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must possess the manual dexterity, flexibility and visual acuity to perform inspection functions requiring walking, climbing, squatting, lifting, bending, twisting, etc.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and distinguish all applicable codes, colors and symbols correctly.
- Will maintain body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
- Must be able to bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
- Must possess the ability to learn the Company and customer computer systems.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years' experience in construction safety training; preferably in the telecommunications or electrical industry.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA CFR 1926 Standards
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the Confined Space Entry Standards (1926.1200 Subpart AA)
- Must have current certification as an Authorized OSHA OTI 500 Construction Outreach Trainer
- CHST (Construction Health/Safety Technician) Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer knowledge and experience utilizing MS Office (WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint & Outlook) & E-learning platforms.
- Must be detail-oriented with high level organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with project stakeholders including field personnel, IES management and customer.
- Ability to respond as needed in support of all safety emergency situations with or without advance notice.
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must have proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES's 2018 fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, IES produced over $876.8 million in revenue and employed over 4,500 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One - and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work